The Finnish Ministry of Finance has launched the Digitalisation and automation of life events and business events program to use life events as the new structure and mindset to digitalize public services and address the 2030 Digital compass (Digikompassi) goals. The program aims to define and digitalise approximately 40 of the most significant life event service packages by 2030. As public services funding is reduced in the future, there is a risk that the old population will be neglected and underserved. This project brief aims to identify key life events of retirement from the today and future generations’ perspective and inform about the services, information flows and policy recommendations for a dignified old age. The project goal is to produce concrete scenarios that can guide the 2030 Digitalisation program work.
The main questions to address are:
- What happens when you retire, and your social context stops? How to build a new meaningful life?
- What is a dignified old age in the future?
- What kind of (life) event (series) relates to old age, and what services does society need?
- What policies can steer services to address future old-age life events?
- What does the service provision distribution look like in the future of old age (public, private, third sector and the support network of the citizen)?
Read more about the process in the blogs!
- First diamond attempt: design for a dignified old age
- Design and policy: where and when do they meet
- Design? Probably. Human-centered? Not for now
- Dignified life means having the possibility of choice
- Future of retirement—Exploring and applying system thinking
- Getting Stuck in Retirement: Making Sense of the System
- Dignified retirement: standardizing services for a seamless transition
- Puzzle pieces to the vantage point
- Reframing retirement: a life-long journey punctuated by a series of milestones
- Group 1A to DVV, over!
- Tomorrow Together
- Nudging retirement: a lifelong journey
This project was showcased during the 2023 Final Show.
Digital Inclusion for a Dignified Retirement
project by Jisoo Kim, Shutong Zhang, Elena Amaglio and Iiro Torma
project by Uyanga Baasankhuu, Xiaolin Jiang, Regina Gensinger and Camila Hergatacorzian
project by Myrta Brugger, Emilia Ahlroos, Martin Guyot and Tom Bos